Today Israel went to the Eye Dr. for his first eye appointment. They dilated his eyes and did a complete exam. I thought for sure he would need glasses, but to my surprise he doesn't. He didn't pass the eye exam at preschool which is just a little thing they do. That is because his eyes sometime shake back and forth. That is common with Down syndrome and doesn't effect his vision. Ever since he was born his eyes have watered a lot. I thought it was from allergies. I found out today it had to do with his tear ducts not being opened all the way. Children with Down syndrome have a flatter bridge across their nose and their tear ducts aren't quite open all the way I guess. So we have now scheduled August 27th for Israel to have surgery here at Riverton Primary's to have his tear ducts operated on.

Israel in his cool glasses after his eyes were dilated. He was so irritated because he couldn't see some things. I gave him a nap hoping it would be worn off when he woke up, but it wasn't. He eyes are still dilated at 10:30 tonight! It didn't seem to bother him so much this afternoon though.
See his red watery eyes? This is what he looks like when he eyes act up. They do it when he has allergies and for no reason at all. His eye will just start running. He wakes up every morning with yucky eyes. Let's hope this will help.
6 comments:
Sam had to have his tear duct opened when he was little too. I am so happy that Israel does not need glasses.
looking at his eyes made my eyes water. thanks.
he needs a treat for surgery.
OH... I feel so bad for my Israel I hope that everything works out like its supposed to be!!!! :)
ya im with jill on this one..my eyes just started watering looking at the picture...but its very sad. and i was talking to him this is what would happen "ohh love you israel!"
"hush up."
oh my poor baby! my eyes are watering too! I think he is looking right at me!
my baby.... do you need me to go to the surgery again> cheeeez im always needed by my baby.
Post a Comment