Saturday, December 11, 2010

Festival of Trees PCMC

Every year hundreds of amazing volunteers put together the Festival of Trees. People put together all kinds of trees and donate them and everything they use to decorate them with. Some are simple and nice. Others are so extravagant with t.v.'s or couches or firplaces. They are really neat to go look at. They actually have more than trees now. They include beautiful quilts, gingerbread houses, wreaths, On Tuesday night they have an auction and sell all the trees and other things. Some go for $10,000 or more. It is really neat because 100% of the donations go to Primary Children's Medical Center. This is such a fabulous hospital. Almost all of my children have spent some amount of time there. But Israel has been there the most. I am grateful for this hospital and all the amazing services they offer. This is a fun tradition Rob and I love to participate in every year. Sometimes we take our children, but lately it has been our date night.

2 comments:

Katie said...

I never saw ads for it and missed it. I was so bummed. Thanks for posting pics.

The Ingleby Family said...

I missed it this year. :( Looks like it was a great one!!! I like your family picture too. Hope you have a great holiday!!!