2 years ago
Sunday, August 2, 2009
Cool Night!
Wednesday night, Rob and I had an opportunity to be ushers at the Oquirrh Mountain Temple. We were asked by our bishop to go do some service and fortunately we were able to do it. When we first arrived we met at the church right by the temple. They had all the ushers meet in the chapel. They had a song, prayer, some instructions, and a testimony. We got our assignments. We thought as ushers we would be inside the temple. Then we got our assignments and it was out by the tents. It turned out to be the best assignment. We loved it. I got to hand out the pamphlets before the movie and welcome them in. Rob got to direct the traffic after the movie was out. Our shift was from 7pm to 11pm. It was the busiest night so far. So crowded. After the night was over, Rob and I met up. I asked him how he did. Don't worry about it, he only got hit on 4X's!!! One lady just came up to him and flat out asked him if he was married or single! Whatever, he left with me! It was an amazing experience! We were so glad we had this opportunity to go serve the Lord.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



11 comments:
great. that's all rob needs. i'm really glad u got that experience!
That's right, W/E!!! This isn't a singles bar. I am sure it went right to rob's head. Hopefully he'll forget about it. I know you looked hot too! That's great you got to do that.
They both looked great that night. I was happy that I could help and watch the kids. I should have taken a picture.
Yes, thank you Natalie for watching the kids! Who wants to do that on vacation!
Ha Ha so funny!! I bet he left in a good mood... That's awesome Jason and I could never work out a time to go. Ya I know lame excuse!! I already regret not doing it. I'm so glad you got to go and do it together too. So awesome!!
sounds like a fun date...until your husband got hit on! But, yeah, at least he went home with you! Half of george's comments on his status updates are from ex-girlfriends! Geez...what is it with our husbands?
Fun! I did not get to see that temple yet. Just from the freeway. Glad you got that experience.
EW! What lady would freaking ask that?? I'll beat her up.
THat temple was amazing. I can't wait till after it's dedicated to go inside. :]
AWESOME TO BE ABLE TO SERVE LIKE THAT!
Good for you guys! LOVE that temple!
sounds so fun glad u got to go!!!
Post a Comment