Sunday, September 26, 2010

Look out for doors!

Maddi was over at a friend's house when the mom called me in a panic. Somehow, Maddi had accidentally gotten her finger smashed in the front door. The mom was driving really fast over to my house to drop Maddi off. I couldn't understand what the big emergency was. I finally got out of her that it was a bad smash. So I asked her if I needed to take her to a Dr. She said yes! I asked was it a break or cut. She said cut. I asked if it was bleeding bad. She said YES! I had just put dinner in the oven and was getting Nikolas in the shower. I had to hurry and put the boys in the car. Rob was at softball and Lexi was gone somewhere too. We hurried to Jeff's office. He took real good care of Maddi. Cut off the top layer of skin and stitched the next layer with two stitches. We are over a week now. Hopefully we don't have too much longer caring for these stitches.

3 comments:

jayni & ben said...

sick!! but good thing she is okay.

Jill said...

Sooo sick. Poor Maddi! I hope Nik got a shower. Btw, did you see him ride his bike real fast in front of jeri? I thought mom was gonna ring his neck!

Joy :) said...

Oh man! Poor Maddi! That really is gross! Thank goodness for Jeff!