Tuesday, December 9, 2008

South Jordan Police

My best friend Lisa called me this afternoon and told me her husband couldn't get off work in time to get to her work party. She asked if I could be her date. I figured a night out with dinner made for me, why not! She is a police officer for South Jordan City. As we were walking in she reached her hand in her coat pocket and found $25. I of course asked her if I could borrow her jacket and see if that would work for me. As the night went on her Sgt. was no where to be found. Later on the Lt. announced that the reason her Sgt. was missing is because her child had an emergency and had to have surgery. Also that this Sgt. would never ask for anything, but especially at this time of year money is difficult. He said he was going to put a basket out and if anyone wanted to put any type of donation in that would be great, but he understands if not. Right then Lisa turned to me and said, "I guess that is why I found that $25 in my pocket." By the time we left, the basket was overflowing with money. It was large bills too. The men and women in uniform have such a "brotherhood"/"sisterhood" they really take care of their own, but it was still amazing to see this in action. It was a good night. Plus the food was amazing!


How funny are these cakes! They were so cool!

9 comments:

Micalanne said...

You are so pretty Jodi. And you look like you and your friend could be sisters, except she has the tanning gene we don't have!

Glad the food was good, and how great to see such a comradery (is that a real word?) I'd like to borrow her jacket, too!

Wendy Day said...

I'm glad you got to have a GNO. It looks and sounds like you had a great time. I hope the sgts. child is ok. It's always so nice to hear stories like this one and how people really do pull together in time of need.

Jobi Niu said...

UM.. you look SMOKIN Jodi! HOTTIE! THat is so sweet that everyone was throwin in money to help donate. aww LOVE

Jamie said...

So everyone thinks you and Lisa are a couple now? I'm confused... Jill

{sara} said...

Glad you got to go out on a hot date with your BFF! I hope no one thinks your a couple.

Jamie said...

Jill better quit using my freaking sign on.
I think that is so nice you went with her,you guys have been friends a long time! (Cause your old.)
Does she mind if I use her name when I get pulled over... cause SJ Police are RELENTLESS!!!

Joy :) said...

I was just thinking that same thing about Jill, Jamie. Why doesn't she get her own. Oh, well.
Jodi, glad you got to go with Lisa. I know you like her alot... It's good to have a source on the inside to help you when you get into any kind of trouble, you know, us melton girls ;)
David always has stories of how people in the department are helping out with either money or donating their time off too, or something. It is really cool how everyone steps up. There is never any hesitation.

Missy Barron said...

How fun for you to get a night out and the experience of giving to those in need...

jayni & ben said...

Dang you little hottie. I want some of those cakes. They look so yummy!!! I love that people are so giving at this time of the year.