Sunday, September 27, 2009

BUDDY WALK 2009...

Yesterday was the 2009 annual Buddy Walk. I just want to start by thanking everyone for their support. When Israel first came into our lives, we had no idea what to expect. We are constantly overwhelmed with the love and support we get from our family and friends. We wouldn't be where we are today without all of you. THANK YOU! With that said, what a fantastic turnout we had yesterday! Such a great day! The walk started out with a carnival for the kids. It had lots of games, prizes, face painting balloon making, nail painting, fishing, and bounce houses. The kids got lots and lots of stuff. Maddi even won a stuffed character from BARNEY for Israel. Then we lined up for the walk. It took a little time to get started, but it gave us an opportunity to get a picture. Mom stayed up top and Jeri waited for her. Nikolas decided last minute he wasn't feeling up to the walk so they all cheered us on from the top. They aren't in the picture. We also had many supporters who weren't able to make it, but were there in spirit. We missed you guys! After the walk we lined up for about 42 hours waiting for our lunch. OK, I exaggerated a little, but it was a very long wait. We finally got to eat our Red Robin catered hamburgers. So yummy! They had each of the parents fill out a bio on all the DS kids. They read them and had them run the bases and at home plate got a medal for being a vip from a beauty queen. So adorable! Israel loved it! All the DS kids did! Then they honored all the mom's and the grandma's of the DS kids. Pretty cute! We got a nice little pearl necklace! After that they held a raffle! Team Izzy's Ohana with the generous donations of our friends and family raised a total of $22o. Our goal was $200. So thank you everyone! We also had about 60 team members! As a total for the UDSF and the walk, yesterday we raised over $13, 000.

BEWARE! LONG SIDESHOW...BUT WORTH IT ;)

11 comments:

Joy :) said...

Wow, there are a lot of pictures. I loved them all. It looks like you guys had a great time. I loved the pictures of Izzy getting the medal. You looked fabulouso. Wish we coulda been there.

Jamie said...

Oh that was alot of fun. You didn't mention the HOT Hot HEaT!
Israel had fun and apparently would like more days that are ONLY about him!'
<
Member when they honored the Moms and Grandmas of the DS kids.. ohh sooooo sweet.. they said that these kids were sent to very special homes, and that the parents were lucky to have these angels. ohhh I cried, then I died from crying. I'm ok now though.

Alexis Kay said...

That was so much fun!! I love going to that every year!! It is so much fun!! Israel you are so cute and i love you so much!!!

Nat said...

I wish that I could have been there. Maybe next yr. We will be a lot closer. Only 12 hours! I love Izzy's smile with his medal. So Sweet.

Jobi Niu said...

We're happy we were able to come support Izzy! He is SOOO DANG CUTE and such a sweet heart! WE LOVE HIM. Lunch did just take WAY TO LONG. ugh. But hey... it was worth it! :]

Jill said...

Next year I am running to McDonalds for our family. J/K

How cute is Izzy getting his medal? Or just playing with that doll from Barney? He was so happy. I wish I could be as happy as he is all the time.

Oh and you and Rob are the cutest freaking parents in the world. Oh.. and that baby Krew is to die for. I want a baby with chubby cheeks and baby blues like him.

We had so much fun! Love you!

jayni & ben said...

We had so much fun. we love supporting our family :) Izzy may be the cutest little kid there. I sure do love him!!

Emily said...

Great photos! It was such a fun day! I loved it and can't wait to go again next year. Hey.. maybe our "teams" will be matching again! I am so glad I got to see you again. You were my first "down syndrome" connection... and I'll never forget meeting you! xoxo

Katie said...

It is so great to have that support, family, friends and others with DS. What a great event.

{sara} said...

Wish we could've been there...maybe next year!

Kelly said...

Looks like you had an amazing turn out! I have to apologize, I know we have never supported you with this and every year I always tell myself I will next year... Ya, I'm a loser!! I see you had a first with the 'other' Christensen's so it's probably good we weren't there. I hope you know we love you guys so much and love little Israel and would do anything for him! So, next year, let us know how we can help because I really don't understand how it all works....I know I'm lame....But we will help out any way we can!