Wednesday, September 2, 2009

SO LATE, BUT SO IMPORTANT!!!


I know I waited way too late to put this info out, but I figure better late than never right? Every year since Israel was born, we have been going to the Buddy Walk. What it is, is a fundraiser event put on by the UDSF. We only have one fundraiser each year that supports all our activities throughout the rest of the year and this is it. It is such an amazing event. It was the first place for me that I realized that down's don't just have their own look. That they look like their families too. There are so many people at this event. It is cool to see the support that the person with Down Syndrome has.
Here is some info about this event:

Date: Saturday, September 26, 2009
Time: registration & games 10:00, walk 11:00, lunch 12:30
Place: Anctzak Park
1850 E 7200 S
Cottonwood Heights
Cost: $7 individual or $5 individual with a family of 4 or more

The walk is not a huge walk. In the past it has only been around the park, but I haven't been to this park yet. Lunch is being catered by Red Robin. It is going to be hamburgers. Last year they ran out of t-shirts and it was really annoying. So this year they are asking us to register early. That is why I said I am really late doing this. Unfortunately you only have til the 4th to pre-order. You can still contribute to the cause anytime you'd like between now and the 26th. This is the link: http://www.firstgiving.com/izzychristensen

If you are worried because you can't make it to the Buddy Walk, don't worry! You can still contribute without going!
Please help me get the word out and make this a great event in the next couple of days I have left to get support!
Thank you so much for all your love and support!

5 comments:

Jill said...

Charlie and I joined your team! Yeah!

Joy :) said...

I'm doing it now!

Katie said...

I'm sorry the primary program practice is that day, so I will be there. Good luck, we'll miss the kids at practice.

Jamie said...

Fayth and I are DOWN for Izzy's Ohana.

Alexis Kay said...

i am coming and i am bringing Kole with us!