Sunday, September 7, 2008

Buddy Walk 2008

Yesterday we had the annual Buddy Walk. It raises awareness about Down Syndrome. It also raises money. The money goes to support the UDSF (Utah Down Syndrome Foundation) for the years events. All the parties I post about, scholarships for camps, scholarships for dance classes ( Down's kids LOVE to dance), are all funded by this. In the past, we have gone to a different Buddy Walk put on by a different foundation, but they got sued by the UDSF. So now they are disolved. I was pretty upset, because Uptown Down's did a really good job. I mean, come on, who really sues a non-profit organization. Anyways, UDSF has a few kinks to works out. They ran out of t-shirts. That really bugged me because you pay for one and they don't have any left???? Israel and Nikolas didn't get one. They should have reserved some for the kids with Down's at least. It ended being a fun time anyways. I really appreciate all the support my family gives us for these events. Thanks to all you guys who were able to make it!




6 comments:

Jamie said...

Sorry we didn't get to make it this year! We are so sad:(

Joy :) said...

Wish we were there to support you guys. Looks like a lot of fun....

Nat said...

I wish we could have been there. I hope next summer we can at least meet. Steve will deploy and then the boys and I can come out.

How far was the walk? It looks like everybody had a great time.

abramgrlz said...

so very sorry for not making it for you guys. Joel and lori and julie and jobi you guys are awesome for supporting jodi and rob. Thanks for always lovin and supporting.

{sara} said...

If I were there, I would have supported you guys! How nice that you have family close, though, that can be there for you.

jayni & ben said...

I am sorry I couldn't make it either. I was a mom of 5 kids this weekend and there is no way I could have brought them all. haha I am not that good of a mom yet. Love you:)