Monday, October 26, 2009

Riverton Welcomes New Hospital...

Our little town of Riverton just got our very own hospital. It is a fairly good size hospital. Too bad I am not going to be having any more babies because it is just right around the corner from us. How nice would that be? But the thing I am excited about is the fact they have a Primary Children's outlet in it. If Israel has to have any testing or outpatient surgery done, he can go right there and get it instead of going all the way downtown and have it done. Last weekend they had an open house. We went to it. They had the whole hospital opened up. We got to tour the E.R., O.R., recovery rooms, labor and delivery, c-section, they had a huge shower room in case you have hazardous material on you, psych room, all of the hospital. In the Primary Children's part they explained everything to all the kids so it wasn't so scary to them. The walls were all painted so cute on all 3 floors. It was cool! They had life flight and an ambulance opened up for the kids to see and climb in. It was nice for them so they could not be so scared of the whole process hopefully.

Nikolas pushing the sirens in the ambulance!

Maddi and Nikolas in the helicopter!

Rob and the kids by one of the cute walls!

Maddi reading in one of the waiting rooms!

7 comments:

Joy :) said...

That looks so cool! I'm glad you got to go see the open house/hospital! I love life flight and the whale wall.Cute pictures. And you could still have a baby!!!!!!

Jill said...

Yeah!! Have another baby. You could give it to me! Unless they are like Nik, Maddie or Lexi. Then you could keep um...

:) Just kidding.

Jobi Niu said...

How nice would that be to have a hospital so close?? I deliver about an hour away from my house!! UGH.

Jamie said...

Wow... I dunno if I'd want to deliver there if they make you go under water?

Alexis Kay said...

Ha ha! Jamie you are so weird! That sounds like fun but I am sure no one could have beat my day! I mean I got to go to school! How fun is that???

Emily said...

Dang... why didn't I think about going to the open house? I didn't even know there would be a Primary childrens area! YIPPEE for closeness!

{sara} said...

Fun!