Yesterday Rob and I took the kids to the Draper Temple open house. The temple was beautiful inside and out. I lost count of how many pictures of Christ there were. It was a really neat experience. Alexis is getting ready to turn twelve and has been asking about baptisms for the dead. She was really excited to see the baptismal font. Maddison and Nikolas kept asking in every room we went in if it was the room Rob and I got married in. Finally when we got to the sealing room, they were very happy to be in there. Even though the temple wasn't dedicated yet, you could still feel the spirit so strong, and it was neat to have my whole family inside the temple. I hear so many different stories about other handicapped people, but the truth is, I have no idea if Israel will go to the temple or not. For now, we just enjoyed or family day!
13 comments:
That is awesome! We have tickets for the 14th of February and we can't wait!
Does Nick have jeans on? Every week at church someone has a new story about the building or working at this temple. Pretty cool. - Jill
Sorry I forgot you spell it Nik.
Awww.. so cool! We can't go until March..but I'm very excited!
we get to go on feb. 16 im so excited(:
That sounds like a great day for your family.
That is so neat. I got to work at the Sacramento temple open house. It was so fun. I loved it. Those pictures are really cute. I wish they were a little closer. I could feel the spirit coming right through your post. Isn't maddi freezing?
I'm glad you had such a wonderful time. What a wonderful blessing to have your entire family together in the Temple. We are going on the 17th. How did you take pictures? Did you just check it when you got there and then get it back when you were done? or is that a camera phone?
It was my camera phone. I had it turned off until we got out. Normally you can't get that close to the temple, but we have handicap parking from Israel so we got to park in the temple parking lot. Everyone else goes to a church and gets shuttled in on a bus. Then I think you go through a tent. You are going to love it! Have fun!
I love to go to temple open houses. It is so fun to see non-members expressions when they see how beautiful it is inside -- and how peaceful. What a great family outing. I bet the girls will remember it always.
Jodi are you wearing all white cuz I can only see your shadow in the picture?
Yeah! you are so lucky you got to take pictures! You first meet at your designated parking lot, then ride a bus up to the Temple, then you go through a tunnel into the temple, when your done you go through another tunnel right into a church where you get cookies and water. Did you get cookies and water? Then you wait anywhere from 30 min to 2 hours to get back on a bus. I'm so jealous of your picture! Can we borrow you handicap sign? I think I qualify!
The Temple is beautiful! What a great day for your family.
Post a Comment