Israel normally goes to school on Monday and Wednesday. Yesterday there was no school. When there is a day off there isn't a make up day. So today we were just hanging out. Rob goes to work late on Tuesday's. He walked by the front door and saw a bus outside. So he ran out and asked if Israel had school today. I kind of looked and saw the bus driver. I thought it was Brad his normal driver. Rob came in and said he did. I couldn't remember any note saying he had a make up day today, but whatever. So I hurry and got him ready and Rob took him out to the bus. Then I asked Rob what Brad said. He said it wasn't Brad it was a sub. My red flags started going off. Right then my mom called. I told her what was going on. She said to call the school. They said he didn't have school today, but they would keep him anyway. I called them back and told them to call me as soon as the kids get there to let me know he got there safely. I found out it was a couple on the bus. That made me a little more nervous because I could just picture them taking my little baby and running. I know I am being a nervous mom, but come on, he's my baby! In the 20 minutes it took for them to call me back, between the prayers and my body shaking so bad, I finally got the phone call I was expecting. The school got my baby safe and sound! The bus driver thought it was MONDAY!!! DUH!
2 years ago




11 comments:
You are horrible parents. Give him to me! - Jill
OH MY GOSH! What a mess. I am sure Israel is so confused. He probably has no idea what the heck is going on. Different day, different driver, Mom and Dad not knowing what is happening. Hopefully he is having a fun day. I am sure he is....Enjoy the few minutes alone till Nik gets home.
I would have reacted the same way you did! HOLY COW! I am so glad it ended happy!
I can't believe that could happen to my baby. What a stupid bus driver. I should report him for causing stress.
How scary! I would have thrown up! When Sara was 1-2 she walked out the front door (Grandma was supposed to be watching her), walked down the block, crossed two streets, walked down the alley & ended up at a gas station on the busiest corner in Bell Gardens. I thought I was (wishied I would) going to die!! My baby girl out in the cruel world, with all those terrible people. I didn't let my eyes drift from my kids for YEARS!! BTW when I called the police to report her missing, they were getting the call that the station attendant had her. What relief!! I cried all the way to the station. The police officer asked me what kind of mother was I, I told him he must not have any children AND if looks could disable, he wouldn't be walking (or having ANY children) in this life. I can still feel the trauma of that day. I don't think Sara remembers anything but what I have told her about it - do you babe?
P.S. All that to let you know YOU are not a bad mother, just caught up in what was going on. I am soooo glad everything was allright in the end.
I would have been the EXACT same way. You're such a cute Mom! If anything would have happened to Israel.... Ew.... they would have Israel's oldest, coolest, most mature cousin AFTER THEM! I love him. :] What a DORK that he thought it was MOnday. Geez
Yesterday wasn't Monday?!
OMG! So not cool. I'm so glad he was safe and sound. I lost Zac at the beach on a hot, busy, summer afternoon when he was four. Three minutes of panic!!
I would have gone crazy! I've lost my kids before...but, I never just handed them to strangers! Geez! ;)
No, mom, I don't remember a thing!
Oh my goodness, you must of been a nervous wreck. I am so glad that he was o.k.
Post a Comment