Monday, May 26, 2008

MEMORIAL WEEKEND

Sunday was the first time I have been back to the cemetery since my daddy passed away over a year ago. Let's just say it was hard. I did it though! I figured it was a good weekend to go. Jill and Charlie framed around the headstone with sand. It looks really nice!





Then we went back to my mama's house and played some games. The adults played a game. I don't know if you guys remember the chocolate bar game? Well we played that one. It was funny! Sorry the pics were kinda blurry from that. I couldn't find my camera in time and told Jeri to just hurry and take some pictures with her cell phone before the candy was gone. Joel, Lori, Jamie, Juli, Jean and I played that one.




Then Monday morning Joel and Lori had us over for breakfast. It was really, really good! Luckily Joel has an organized garage because the weather was not cooperating and we were able to put the tables and chairs in there and eat. After we ate everyone hung out and tried to decide if we were going to go on our hike or not. We had planned to hike up above the state capitol to a place called Ensign Peak. It is really pretty. The weather was not ideal so while we were waiting Joel talked to us about emergency preparedness. He also took us women on a tour and showed us how to shut off the power, gas and water in case of an emergency. It was very good info to know. We also got a little distracted by his drum set and air hockey table. Jamie and I had a very close game, but I ended up winning 10-9. She says I cheated. Don't listen.


So we decided to take the chance and do the hike. We got up there and didn't even realize the trail would be wet from the rain. Not just wet. MUDDY! One time I took a step and one foot went forward and the other went backward. It kept sliding down the hill. I was doing the splits! I kinda started to wet my pants! Just a little though! Thanks for catching me before I face planted it Desmond! So we made it to the top. Took quick pictures. Tried to hurry down. It started raining. Then lightening and thundering. Don't forget we are on top of a mountain. Then came the hail. It was just a little at first. Then more. Then they got bigger. They hurt! Joel and Rob had the babies on their backs. They were screaming cause they were getting pelted. It was horrible for them. The path turned into a river. Everyone was completely covered in mud, some cuts. All in all we survived. It was fun though. Definitely a Memorial Day to remember!



Joel cooking away. Girls chowing down! Joy, notice the haircut on Rob.




Look at that pretty lady and handsome guy!


Jamie's nasty muddy shoes. Our soggy trail!


The capitol building. View of the city and capitol bldg from up top.

Kids are clean here before we started! Jean and her kids up top!

Jay and Lynn's kids. Christine and Jerry (Jana's youngest)

Juli and four of her kids. Jamie, Desmond, and Fayth.


Joel, Lori and kids. Rob and I and our kiddy wumpas!

Proof of the hail!

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, what an eventful weekend! I know going to your dad's grave was hard, but I'm glad you did, and the picture is very sweet. I like his headstone with the picture of the temple and your parents' wedding date and all you kids' names.

That's cool that Joel talked to you about emergency preparedness. That's been on my mind, too, especially since the chlorine leak at my school and the tornadoes in Riverside when I realized I was completely unprepared if any disaster happens. I'm going to use this summer to get really educated and prepared both at home and at work.

Thank you for all the pictures of everybody. It was fun to see. I'm starting to learn who belongs to whom. I think I'm going to move to Utah so I can hang around with you guys. I'm sure there's firemen in Utah, too.

{sara} said...

Jodi! Yay, you posted! I liked yours the best...oops, did I just type that? J/K I liked seeing what everyone had to say about the day, you just had the most pictures. I don't think I'd admit to peeing my pants, though!

I am so proud of you for going to the cemetary. It'll probably get easier each time you go, now.

Oh, and Judy, what's wrong with the peeps down here? You got a problem with us?

Wendy Day said...

Jodi,

Loved all of the pictures. I was hoping for one of you doing the splits. I know other people had cameras, what were they thinking, that would of been a perfect kodak moment.

I'm glad you made it to the cemetary. I think it was the perfect time for a first visit. I'm glad you guys posted pictures of the headstone. It's BEAUTIFUL!!!

Sara, their is nothing wrong with the peeps down there, its just that we are a lot cooler up here. ha ha! j/k.

Joy :) said...

OMG, that is so stinkin funny. I think I wet a little when I read that you wet a little. JK :0 Not really. I can't wait to come to Utahta. Judy you should go up there. It's a party all the time.

abramgrlz said...

thanks for recording it all jodi. It was a fun time. I do wish all you family could be here for fun times. Judi head up here. we will find firemen for you. heck I even know of someone that has a house for you to buy!! ha ha Joy dont worry we will go again when you get up here. we will even do the late night thing. thank again jodi love ya

Anonymous said...

No way, Sara! I love the peeps in Cal - especially the Phay branch.

Jamie said...

Jodi. Why didn't you take a picture of you cheating when we played the Air Hockey? My whole right side still hurts cause I kicked your trash so hard.
Gosh that hail hurt so bad on the way down from the hike.. Felt like we were playing paintball with no protection.

Micalanne said...

Do you think you could have everyone wear nametags next time?

{sara} said...

Cute new look!

jodi kay said...

Thanks, but I've screwed things up and don't know how to fix them. I'm getting really irritated.

{sara} said...

What's screwed up? Looks good to me.

jes abe said...

u almost peed your pants?! haha thats so funny! only u would.. and jenna... but not me cuz i did it all when i was a kid! :P jk haha i like the purplyness its pretty not too fond of some of those pics tho... :)

Jamie said...

Sorry I wanted to tell you how I did some things to mine. But me got so sick tonight. We played TAG with the stomach flu.

Jobi Niu said...

WHAT THE... NO INVITE???

Nat said...

I love to see all the Families together. I am just so sad that we have never been close enough to join in.

It was a fun weekend for us nice and quite.

{sara} said...

You got it back! I need the 411...

jodi kay said...

I'm back and ready to go. Thanks for the info. I was ready to give up on the whole blogging thing. Not really, but almost!

Katie ☮ said...

i would like to comment on this blog, but every time i look at it it makes me depressed and want to cry bc i miss out on EVERYTHING!!! so here's my sad comment :*(

Micalanne said...

Very cute new look!